Orscheln Products produces the 2nd Neutral P-B Shifter for Allison AT Transmissions. The 2nd Neutral P-B Shifter control is used on Allison’s AT transmissions that have a 2nd neutral position beyond reverse and no internal parking pawl mechanism. What makes the 2nd Neutral P-B Shifter works through the movement of the shift selector from reverse to the “PB” position. This movement will shift the transmission into the 2nd neutral position and therefore actuate the vehicle Spring Parking Brake system control. At Orscheln Products, we have both a mechanical 2nd Neutral P-B Shifter and also an electrical 2nd Neutral P-B Shifter. In the mechanical control, brake actuation is accomplished through a push/pull cable. In the electrical control, brake actuation is accomplished through an electrical switch. The shift position indicator reads “PB R N D D3 D1”.
Here are the specifications for Orscheln Products’ 2nd Neutral P-B Shifter:
• Rugged steel construction.
• Four 1/4-20 threaded mounting holes.
• 14 volt illumination, single wire with chassis ground.
• Uses a 4 series High Performance transmission shift cable.
• Detents are ramped “D1” thru “N” on upshift and “R” to “N” on downshift.
• Mechanical brake actuation cable is 3 series. Cable travel is .74″ from “R” to “PB”.
• Electrical brake actuation switch has contacts closed in all positions “D1” thru “R”. Switch contacts open in “PB” position only. Electrical load not to exceed 1 amp inductive @ 13 VDC.